The 1st Humboldtⁿ Award for Sustainability was presented on December 4, 2023!
The HumboldtN Award for Sustainability was presented on December 4, 2023. The patron is the Wuppertal entrepreneur Dr. Jörg Mittelsten Scheid. Three promising best-practice projects were honored. Of the eight nominations from universities in North Rhine-Westphalia and the Wuppertal Institute, the winner in the category
Teaching: is the digital lecture series "Digital Medicine goes Planetary Health", led by research associate Julia Nitsche at Witten/Herdecke University,
Real-world laboratories: is the project "Liveable streets, places and neighborhoods, LesSON for short", led by Dr. Steven März at the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy,
and in the technology transfer category: is the "Holzbau-GIS" project, led by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Annette Hafner at the Ruhr University Bochum.
The following projects were also nominated:
- „Circular Cities: Practice-oriented certificate program for waste prevention managers in municipalities" by Alix Weigel M.A., Dr. Andrea Petmecky and Prof. Dr. Annette Elisabeth Töller of the FernUniversität in Hagen
- „studium oecologicum“ by Prof. Dr. Claudia Gärtner, Dr. Georg Hubmann, Kirsten Lindner-Schwentick, Prof. Dr. Stephan Lütz and Dr. Henning Moldenhauer from TU Dortmund University
- „Thermal pre-treatment as a basis for the recovery of lithium from lithium-ion batteries“ by Christin Stallmeister from RWTH Aachen University
- „Digital platform for the production-related design of sustainable lightweight composite materials based on wood fibers (DiPl-HFC)“ by Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Jaan-Willem Simon from the University of Wuppertal
- „Living Lab NRW“ by Dr.-Ing. Katharina Simon from the University of Wuppertal.
We congratulate the award-winning projects.
You can find out more about the prize here.